Thursday, June 26, 2008

Allie's 1st Braids!

I have always loved braiding hair and have been waiting a long time for Allie's hair to grow out. It's still kinda short, but I was able to braid it for the 1st time last week! It looked soo cute.
Her hair is also very fine, so the braids didn't look this good all day!

Can't believe our little girl is three! ;)

Allie is such a big helper these days and remembers everything!!! This morning I asked her if she wanted to make pancakes for breakfast. Her answer was YES, and she went right to the pantry to get out the mix. Yes, I use a mix... I'm not my mom or my grandmom, and sometimes I make things that come out of a box! Anyway, Allie then told me that we needed eggs, milk and water to make the pancakes. She was right on the eggs and milk, but the last ingredient was oil not water. I was pretty amazed though. Thought it was cool that she remembered what we needed to make our breakfast! :) What a stinker!
The hair after the braids came out! :) I found these two playing under the sink the other day. Fun place to play if you're three and 8 months! :)

6 comments:

Vicki & Bruce said...

It always amazed me (because I certainly lack the talent!) how perfectly straight and neat you could do braids! Allie looks adorable in them! I love braids because they keep hair out of their eyes and stay neat all day (or at least most of it!) And BTW (Lindsey taught me that!) I make pancakes out of a box now, too!!! I need lots of time savers at my age!

Anonymous said...

oh my word to cute!!!

Unknown said...

Hey! Gotta love her hair! You should be proud of how clean it is under the sink! HMM glad you can't see mine right now! Eric and I just ripped apart the kitchen today to get rid of the yellow laminate top! Eight years ago (when we moved in) I said, "We can buy this place but the countertop has to go." We have beautiful granite tiles to put down but, of course, everything that could go wrong has, and we have to raise the countertop to fix the problem created by the ceramic tile floors that we put in a while ago caused.(they raised the floor so the dishwasher couldn't fit under them). Anyway, now we have to add wood to the top of the cabinets, paint them, plane the laminate edges to level them, patch all the holes created when we tore down the old gold speckled backsplash tiles and the list goes on. I said all that to tell you that we are going to get Kaylee tomorrow for a few days. Jesse and Mandy and Melissa are on their way to Cancun! Now you know we are still crazy. No one in their right mind tears apart their kitchen to start a project and watches their granddaughter at the same time! Hopefully, I will take lots of pictures and actually post them after she leaves! I started working at a daycare after Christmas and THAT is why I never seemed to find time to post. Don't know how you young mom's do it. I will say you are just more computer savy than us old school grandmas. Anyway thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

You are going to have to teach me how to do that! But, I have a feeling that mine will never look that good. Allie's hair will always look better than Ryleigh's!! lol I just can not seem to do hair. We need to leave closer!! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww....Cute post Chelle :-)

Brian and Jen said...

I can't do hair at all. Way to go. I'm sure it doesn't help that Natalie will NOT keep clips, bows, barrettes, etc in her hair for more than 5 minutes! :) And I use pancake mix too... :)