Saturday, March 22, 2008

Allie and the "No good, awful, horrible, very bad day!"

Last Thursday evening Allie took quite a fall. She fell down Mom and Dad's basement steps and landed flat on her face. She was not acting right after she fell and continued to cry long after she fell. We decided we needed to take her to the ER. Mom came with me and we headed to Carlisle to the hospital. Once we got there, they did a Cat scan and discovered that she had fractured her skull. They then transferred us to Hershey Medical Center via ambulance. It was a scary ride not knowing what lied ahead. Due to it being a head wound tons of Dr. were waiting for us at the Emergency room. They looked her over with a fine tooth comb. Due to extent of the injury they admitted us and we ended up staying until Saturday morning. It was a long couple of days!! But thankfully I was with family and they took turns being at the hospital with me and helping take care of Adam. Still smiling!!

Uncle Joe was a big help with Adam.
Allie was content to watch cartoons most of the time.

Family, helping pass the time away. I don't have a picture of Mom, but she was there with me most of the time and really helped out with Adam. Doesn't her crib look medieval and scary? :)



Allie with Aunt Liz, watching cartoons, that TV was awesome, it could move anywhere!
Uncle Joe, Allie, Aunt Liz and me. Thank you Mom, Liz, Joe and Caitie for helping out so much! They also brought her lots of goodies and treats to help keep her busy. You guys are great!! Also, thanks to all of you who were aware of what was going on and praying for us.
We are very thankful everything turned out ok, it could have been a lot worse and we are very grateful to God for His guardian angels that He had protecting her! Now I just have to keep her from acting too crazy for the next couple of months.........

9 comments:

Christina said...

awww your poor lil pumpkin! give her a big kiss for me!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chelle, I'm glad to see/hear Allie running and giggling. You were amazing with how strong you were! I'm glad you guys came up, and that Allie will be ok. And you're right, I did get alot of the wall with that pic haha.

The Arnold Family said...

AWWW... Poor little Allie-Gator Yoper ;)!! I guess we'll have to keep Thomas away from her for a while ;) I hope she's feeling much better by now. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, but I'm glad you're with your family. Thomas was in one of those "cage cribs" in the hospital when he was 9 days old and I think the appearance of those darn cribs makes the whole experience worse! I'll be thinking of you all and praying for you and I'm SO GLAD that Allie is ok!! We miss you guys! Thank God Allie is Doing Well now!

Earl and Gail said...

Her crib does look like a cage! You think they'd want something a little more kid-friendly, so as not to scare them right away! Ha ha. Glad everything is getting back to normal, except Allie's activities. :-) Please call if you need anything! And when you get home, I'll be here if you need help in any way. Enjoy the rest of your time with family!

SES said...

Wow, what a trooper- can't believe she's smiling so big in those pics =). Sorry to hear about the fall, but I'm sure glad she's okay!

Brian and Jen said...

My goodness Michelle! I kept thinking of you all last week and I figured God just brought you to my mind because of Chris just leaving and all. Now I know why I needed to pray extra for you! You are amazing to go through all that and have such a positive attitude about it. I'm glad you were near family to help you out. I will try to call you later today. We love you. Give the kids a kiss from us. :)

Anonymous said...

Michell, we are so glad for the good report about Allie. We were praying for you guys. You are a great mom.

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like Allie was in good hands. Thanks to everyone for helping out Michelle with our latest little episode. I don't know why these things always seem to happen when I'm not around. She looks happy, and that is all that matters. I miss you all. Take care.

Erin said...

This post is SO well written. LOL hehe :) Good job Chelly :)